Monday, April 20, 2009

Wow

I can't believe we've passed the $1000 mark. When I started this blog I figured I'd get a few donations here and there, and definitely only from people I know. Boy, was I wrong! I cannot believe the outpouring of love, support, encouraging words, etc... It has been so touching and made me want to look for those in need and help when we can.
There is a new family of 4 from our church. The husband lost his job and his wife was working nites at a store. They have been struggling BIG TIME just to keep their home. He finally found a job with a 1 hour roundtrip commute. He was talking to my husband about how he's "running on a fumes and a prayer" because he doesn't get paid until this Friday (which is 3 weeks since he started the job) & he has a 1/4 tank of gas to commute all week. When my husband was telling me this we both looked at each other and said "We need to help." We took him one of my husband's cds and a $20 bill. My husband explained how we've been having our own financial trials right now and spoke of y'alls generous love and support and how we were just overwhelmed and humbled by y'alls help. He apologized we couldn't give more and gave him the cd and money. The man and his wife broke down in tears. The wife said she'd been driving to and from work for 2 days with her gas lite on and just praying she'd make it. Their reaction showed me that they needed this money, prayers were answered and they were grateful.
I wish y'all could see MY reaction everytime I open my email or mailbox and there is a new donation or someone bought a cd or sent words of encouragement. I've been crying for 3 weeks straight! lol To have this reminder that although there is most definitely selfish, uncaring people in the world, the majority of our world is made up of caring, giving people who want to help, has been an enormous blessing and a lesson in humility and gratitude.

Thank you so much.

2 comments:

  1. THAT is an amazing story. It's because of the character of you and your husband that others are inspired to help.

    I'm glad you are having some success.

    ReplyDelete