Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Court tomorrow

Our attorney goes to court tomorrow and basically if SHE gets everything she wants, we are screwed. Here's what could happen to us:

-We will be paying about $200 more in child support a month making it $820. (This is almost $200 more than I get for THREE kids! My husband is a police officer- we aren't rollin' in the dough here!) That's gonna hurt, but that's nothing compared to the rest...

-The child support would be retroactive to January 2009 making us almost $1300 behind. This means if they file it with the State of Texas, Texas can garnish my husband's checks up to 50% at a time until he's caught up. 50%!! So basically it would be like he's only getting one check for the month instead of 2.

-We will be paying $250 every month (on top of the $820 for child support) for dance plus any other dance expenses that come up like travelling or entering them in more competitions. (She paid $100 each for them to enter a duo competition which they placed last in. So anytime she feels like doing that she'd want $200 more from us.)

-This would also be retroactive to January 2009 making us $1500 behind for dance expenses.
We will paying 100% for visitation which is easily $1200+ per trip for a total of atleast $3600 a yr. (unaccompanied minor fees are $100 EACH WAY)

- My husband will no longer have joint custody. She will have SOLE custody including ALL decision making. She basically does that now, but this would make it to where he doesn't have a leg to stand on when it comes to putting them in more classes- but he'll have to pay for them.

And this is what I foresee happening if she wins... We will lose our home after selling most of what's in it. We will pay out the butt all the "required" crap and not be able to afford to ever see them. The kids in OUR home will suffer just so the twins can dance is what it boils down to. And in a few years we'll get served again.

I am now seeking employment that pays more than I'm makin' now... I can work all weekdays 8 to 5 or whatever because my husband's schedule is changing to weekend nites, so he will be home. I have no skills other than being a mom, blogging, and working at Pizza Hut 18 years ago. I'm sure I'll find a GREAT job. Nice that SHE can ruin MY 3 year old's experience of having a stay at home mom so she can be one while spending all my husband's money.

We also just spent most of our vacation fund (My parents have a timeshare in Florida that they were taking us to. Free board + free beach = PERFECT for us!) and sold our son's bunk bed because they said they didn't mind just sleeping on mattresses to continue to retain our attorney. We have a couch soft bed, loveseat and ottomon for sale on craigslist as well...



PRAYERS ARE NEEDED!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I am SOOO sorry about all this garbage...much more than words can express. :(

    ReplyDelete